Once a highly popular range which has over time become less common as the more standard 84 range square bodied motors imported from Europe. These 33 range (3.3inch diameter motor body) were once commonplace in the UK refrigeration & humidification applications as manufacturers such as RANCO, LEMAC, AO Smith, REMCO, Universal Electric & Magnatek,
These robust shaded pole (some larger sizes were PSC Capacitor versions) were produced in large numbers with either a plain shaft or a fan hub designed to drive a centrifugal wheel or axial fan blade. Produced generally in 2, 4 & 6 pole versions with power outputs ranging from 4 watts up to 100 Watts. Unlike the modern “Multifit” these motors were not so interchangeable as the shaft length, shaft diameter and mounting arrangements were generally unique to each end application.
Mounting of these motors could be via tapped holes on the drive end or the non-drive end, or studs drive end or non-drive end; some had side studs for mounting or earth grounding and some would mount via a flange or a rubber belly band.
Generally produced with a single shaft with either ball bearing or sleeve bearings rated for use at temperatures of -30 to +40 degrees.
The motor is continuously rated air over motor, single speed (dual speed in some cases) with class B insulation.
Shaded pole technology is quite an old technology but also an inefficient design for energy consumption. Generally a shaded pole would only be around 25% efficient with the remaining 75% lost though heat, as a result these motors are air cooled in order to dissipate the excess heat that has been generated.
We keep a large range and stock still of these 33 Range motors, so be sure to contact the sales team should you struggle to find the suitable replacement online. With our market leading range of motors all available from stock in conjunction with our cross reference database we are able to quickly and easily offer a replacement electric motor for many competitor makes.